Scales n Fuzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scales n Fuzz

A place where Otherkin, Furries, and people interested in them can interact in a peaceful environment.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

For the love of books

Go down 
+3
solarion
VarenxGrypheth
tysha
7 posters
AuthorMessage
tysha
Young dragon
Young dragon
tysha

Number of posts : 165
Registration date : 2008-06-16

For the love of books Empty
PostSubject: For the love of books   For the love of books Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 5:42 pm

I love a good book and I'm always on the lookout for interesting stuff to read Smile

Last night I started Dragon's Eye, the first Dragonology novel. Its definitely aimed at children but so far I'm really enjoying it. I'll post a review when I've finished.

The previous novel I read was Digory The Dragon Slayer by Angela McAllister, which I borrowed from my local library. Again its a children's book but its so cute and funny I'm really glad I picked it up. It also has a more unique 'slaying' than expected but I won't say more about that for fear of ruining it.

So what are you reading?
Back to top Go down
http://tyshadragon.livejournal.com
VarenxGrypheth
Wee lil eggy
Wee lil eggy

Number of posts : 20

PostSubject: Re: For the love of books   For the love of books Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 2:17 am

Well, if I want to pick books about dragons, my favorites were the first two books of the Inheritance trilogy (looking forward to the third! :>)
My absolute favorites are the books of the Mage Wars trilogy (Mercedes Lackey/Larry Dixon), The Black Gryphon, The White Gryphon, The Silver Gryphon. Guess why. Razz :>
Currently I'm reading Magic's Pawn by Mercedes Lackey, whenever I get some time to read.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gryphon-aerie.net
solarion
Wee lil eggy
Wee lil eggy

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2008-06-18

PostSubject: Re: For the love of books   For the love of books Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 3:01 am

One of my favourite books was Dragon's Egg by Robert L Forward, which oddly enough has nothing to do with dragons at all. It's actually about life on a neutron star. Question It makes for a very interesting read regardless.
Back to top Go down
tysha
Young dragon
Young dragon
tysha

PostSubject: Re: For the love of books   For the love of books Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 8:12 am

VarenxGrypheth wrote:

My absolute favorites are the books of the Mage Wars trilogy (Mercedes Lackey/Larry Dixon), The Black Gryphon, The White Gryphon, The Silver Gryphon. Guess why. Razz :>
I really enjoyed those too. I picked up The Silver Gryphon from a bargain bookshop and as soon as I'd finished it I brought the other two so I could read them in order Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lord_Niohoggr
Wee lil hatchy
Wee lil hatchy
Lord_Niohoggr

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2008-06-20

PostSubject: Re: For the love of books   For the love of books Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 12:13 pm

I am occupid with the Dragoncharm series, thanks to a friend of mine I got the original english copies! Hungarian translators sometimes do awful work.
The Inheritance Cycle is one of my favourites, but I have some interesting books besides those ever so popular ones in the topic of dragons. For example the Birth Of Dragons, a scientific book by Szablocs Iványi, detailing the possibilities of dragons living with humans; Dragonbitch, by Robert Knight (a short fantasy story). Too bad that the book that are devoted to dragon in one or the other way are quite rare in my country. Sad
Back to top Go down
Zyleeth
Wee lil eggy
Wee lil eggy
Zyleeth

Number of posts : 38

PostSubject: Re: For the love of books   For the love of books Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 10:47 pm

Check out The Dragon DelaSangre by Alan F. Troop. There are four right now, and they're all fantastic. All about a shapeshifting dragon trying to live in the human world. Although be forwarned, the books contain sexual content.

I also enjoyed Joust by Mercedes Lackey, but I have yet to read the last two books in that series.
Back to top Go down
http://zyleeth.livejournal.com/profile
Havenchaser
Wee lil eggy
Wee lil eggy

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2008-06-20

PostSubject: Re: For the love of books   For the love of books Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 1:43 am

I will still suggest E.E. Knight's Age of fire series

Dragon Champion
Dragon Avenger
Dragon Outcast

Dragon strike (coming this december)

This series follows the surviving hatchlings from a family of dragons that is destroyed by greedy dwarves. These smart and stong dragons and dragoness (or dragonelle in the lore of these books) will bring about a new age for dragon: The age of fire.
Back to top Go down
Sire_Icefeather
Wee lil eggy
Wee lil eggy
Sire_Icefeather

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2008-06-18

PostSubject: Re: For the love of books   For the love of books Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 6:18 am

When I was younger I liked the dragon books by Chris D'Lacy. I still do, though they are more of a children's book.

It is based on dragons being alive in the form of sculptures. Quite interesting...sad at times though...
Back to top Go down
tysha
Young dragon
Young dragon
tysha

PostSubject: Re: For the love of books   For the love of books Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 7:39 am

Sire_Icefeather wrote:
When I was younger I liked the dragon books by Chris D'Lacy. I still do, though they are more of a children's book.

It is based on dragons being alive in the form of sculptures. Quite interesting...sad at times though...
Oh yes, I love that series. I was so pleased when The Fire Eternal was released, and I'm looking forward to The Dragons Of Wayward Crescent set starting in September Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: For the love of books   For the love of books Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

For the love of books
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Scales n Fuzz :: Silly Dragons :: Chat-
Jump to: