Scales n Fuzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scales n Fuzz

A place where Otherkin, Furries, and people interested in them can interact in a peaceful environment.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

US President

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
sillydraco
Admin
Admin
sillydraco

Number of posts : 207
Registration date : 2008-06-15

US President Empty
PostSubject: US President   US President Icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2008 9:32 am

who do you want to see as our next president? i like obama myself, and i think it is silly how people complain about how he does not follow our customs. who cares? i never saluted the flat or did the pledge of allegiance (always thought it was too much like brainwashing lol)
Back to top Go down
http://scalesnfuzz.friendhood.net
jkarrah
Young dragon
Young dragon
jkarrah

Number of posts : 151
Registration date : 2008-06-18

US President Empty
PostSubject: Re: US President   US President Icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2008 2:56 pm

Obama. McCain has apparently gotten senile and we did that once already with Regan.

Obama may not have a lot of "foreign policy experience" which seems to be the major criticism being leveled at him, but a good cabinet with experienced advisors will cover that. More importantly, IMHO, Obama still has "both oars in the water"

The same can't be said for McCain any more (and I supported McCain in the 2000 primaries). Hell, he can't even remember the difference between Shia and Sunni! People still think he's qualified to be president? Shocked Anyone still eligible for the draft had better pray McCain doesn't get elected or you're screwed...
Back to top Go down
http://ebondragonart.com
sillydraco
Admin
Admin
sillydraco

US President Empty
PostSubject: Re: US President   US President Icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2008 6:40 pm

eep what are the requirements of the draft?
Back to top Go down
jkarrah
Young dragon
Young dragon
jkarrah

Number of posts : 151

US President Empty
PostSubject: Re: US President   US President Icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2008 7:01 pm

Male (for now) and between the ages of 18 and 25.

It was "suspended" in 1973 but has never been eliminated. Technically, all male citizens are required to enroll in "Selective Service" upon reaching their 18th birthday. If you didn't, you are technically in violation of the law and could be arrested if the federal government ever decided to push the issue. All it would take is comparing the SSN on your tax return to the Selective Service Registration rolls... couple of key strokes today. They already have a "back door draft" which has the euphemism of "stop loss" where anyone currently serving can be forced to remain on active duty status indefinitely even after the legal end of their enlistment contract... a policy first started under Daddy Bush during the first Gulf War.

And considering that recruitment levels are down for all branches of service, but most severely for the Army and the Marines, if McCain wins the White House and not only continues in Iraq and Afghanistan, but also invades Iran (and possibly Syria) how do you think they're going to make up the short fall...?
Back to top Go down
http://ebondragonart.com
sillydraco
Admin
Admin
sillydraco

US President Empty
PostSubject: Re: US President   US President Icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2008 7:09 pm

eep! i hope they dont find me up in these mountains!
Back to top Go down
solarion
Wee lil eggy
Wee lil eggy

Number of posts : 47

US President Empty
PostSubject: Re: US President   US President Icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2008 11:41 pm

That's scary. I've heard of the back door draft before, but not this Selective Service. Perhaps that should be spread around...

As an Australian, I don't have as much opinion on the American election, but I think Obama will win even if it's just because people are lashing against the Republican party.
Back to top Go down
maeve
Wee lil eggy
Wee lil eggy

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2008-06-19

US President Empty
PostSubject: Re: US President   US President Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 10:41 pm

i was hop ing hilary would win
Back to top Go down
Kasethen
Wee lil eggy
Wee lil eggy
Kasethen

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-06-23

US President Empty
PostSubject: Re: US President   US President Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 8:40 pm

Pat Buchanan
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

US President Empty
PostSubject: Re: US President   US President Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

US President
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Scales n Fuzz :: Political Dragons :: Politics-
Jump to: