Scales n Fuzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scales n Fuzz

A place where Otherkin, Furries, and people interested in them can interact in a peaceful environment.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Techniques

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
sillydraco
Admin
Admin
sillydraco

Number of posts : 207
Registration date : 2008-06-15

Techniques Empty
PostSubject: Techniques   Techniques Icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2008 9:30 am

Rope Technique
a famous tech where you pin a string above your head when you sleep. you get used to it by reaching up and touching the string each night, memorizing where it is. when you sleep, imagine grabbing the rope (just imagine, not really!) pulling yourself higher and higher till you get out!

Roll Out Technique
during trance imagine yourself rolling out of your body!

Magnet Technique
stare at something in your room while you sleep, focus on it until you get out.

Lucid Dream Crossover Technique
in lucid dreams you can control what goes on, including hopping over into the astral.
Back to top Go down
http://scalesnfuzz.friendhood.net
stardolphin
Wee lil eggy
Wee lil eggy
stardolphin

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2008-06-20

Techniques Empty
PostSubject: Re: Techniques   Techniques Icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2008 11:15 pm

There's an other whole astral forum and it's pretty good, but also daunting too. When it comes down to it, it's just you,yourself and you and constant intent and belief.

I used the "double" technique, at least I always visualize both my self and my double, and the cord connecting us together. Sometimes I visualize myself walking around. The one and only time I got "out" it felt like I was still physical. It's ok to feel the same I'd guess, so expect that, and visualize that. The only difference is that you can't go through ceilings when you are physical ;-)

I'm only just getting the feel of it at this point. I'd love it if I could master it, and be able to pass it on to others, which I feel is the true definition of mastery.
Back to top Go down
sillydraco
Admin
Admin
sillydraco

Number of posts : 207
Registration date : 2008-06-15

Techniques Empty
PostSubject: Re: Techniques   Techniques Icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2008 11:45 pm

i heard of that technique too! only i heard that you "download" your consciousness to that other you. and yeah, it wont be an overnight thing lol
Back to top Go down
http://scalesnfuzz.friendhood.net
Nezdragon
Wee lil eggy
Wee lil eggy

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-06-19

Techniques Empty
PostSubject: Re: Techniques   Techniques Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 5:16 am

I'm still trying to work on the whole relaxation of the mind and body part. I've gotten to the point where it feels like my arms and head were kinda drifting apart, if you get my drift... but it was kinda like trying to move in a dream or pull myself out of tar.
Back to top Go down
tysha
Young dragon
Young dragon
tysha

Number of posts : 165
Registration date : 2008-06-16

Techniques Empty
PostSubject: Re: Techniques   Techniques Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 9:29 pm

Over on DR, Nez posted the link to this useful guide, dragged up from the internet archive. I think its worth reposting here Smile

I plan to start working on the relaxation exercise in chapter 3 from tomorrow. (Quoted here because sometimes the archive doesn't want to play nice).

Quote :
Relaxation Exercise 1: Progressive Relaxation

Starting from the feet, we have to focus on each muscle for a few moments. Then we mentally relax that part and move upwards. This is repeated for all the muscle groups. Alternatively, one can begin at the head and work down.
Steps for Progressive relaxation :

* Lie on your back, shut your eyes.
* Feel your feet. Sense their weight. Consciously relax them and sink them into the bed. Start with your toes and progress to your ankles.
* Feel your knees. Sense their weight. Consciously relax them and feel them sink into the bed.
Feel you upper legs and thighs. Fell their weight. Consciously relax them and feel them sink into the bed.
* Feel your abdomen and chest. Sense your breathing. Consciously will them to relax. Deepen your breathing slightly and feel your abdomen and chest sink into the bed.
* Feel your buttocks. Sense their weight. Consciously relax them and feel them sink into the bed.
* Feel your hands. Sense their weight. Consciously relax them and feel them sink into the bed.
* Feel your upper arms. Sense their weight. Consciously relax them and feel them sink into the bed.
* Feel your shoulders. Sense their weight. Consciously relax them and feel them sink into the bed.
* Feel your neck. Sense its weight. Consciously relax it and feel it sink into the bed.
* Feel your head and skull. Sense its weight. Consciously relax it and feel it sink into the bed.
* Feel your mouth and jaw. Consciously relax them. Pay particular attention to your jaw muscles and unclench them if you need to. Feel your mouth and jaw relax and sink.
* Feel your eyes. Sense if there is any tension in your eyes. Sense if you are forcibly closing your eyelids. Consciously relax your eyelids and feel the tension slide off the eyes.
* Feel your face and cheeks. Consciously relax them and feel the tension slide off into the bed.
* Mentally scan your body. If you find any place that is still tense, then consciously relax that place and let it sink into the bed.
* Repeat the process if required.

By the time you do one cycle of relaxation, you will feel a remarkable difference. You will feel that your entire body is completely relaxed. If you want to deepen this relaxation, repeat the process.

Initially, the entire process can take up to 10 minutes. But with practice, you can achieve the same level of relaxation in just 1 minute or maybe less! When you do this exercise for the first time, you may have to focus on each part of the body for a minute before it is relaxed. But with practice, just a few seconds of focus will relax that part. Regular practice is the key!
Back to top Go down
http://tyshadragon.livejournal.com
Sponsored content

Techniques Empty
PostSubject: Re: Techniques   Techniques Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Techniques
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Scales n Fuzz :: Mystical Dragons :: Astral Projection-
Jump to: