Scales n Fuzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scales n Fuzz

A place where Otherkin, Furries, and people interested in them can interact in a peaceful environment.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Balls of Lightning

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Hydrorave
Wee lil eggy
Wee lil eggy
Hydrorave

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-09-27

Balls of Lightning Empty
PostSubject: Balls of Lightning   Balls of Lightning Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 3:21 am

Alright I want to know who has really seen these, because I have seen two of them at weeks apart. The thing is where I seen them, was pretty much in my backyard. Well it was my backyard, 5 acres I live on. When I was walking back to my house. Then I told a friend about it and he ended up seen one as well, a week later. So let me know if you seen any of them as well.
Back to top Go down
jkarrah
Young dragon
Young dragon
jkarrah

Number of posts : 151
Registration date : 2008-06-18

Balls of Lightning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Balls of Lightning   Balls of Lightning Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 8:08 pm

Ball lightening is a strange critter, indeed. For the longest time scientists weren't even sure it existed, kind of like upper atmospheric "sprites." With the proliferation of video cameras there has been a lot more study done on the phenomenon of ball lightning. While still not completely sure what ball lightning is or how it is caused at least most atmospheric scientists now admit it is a legitimate occurrence.
Back to top Go down
http://ebondragonart.com
sillydraco
Admin
Admin
sillydraco

Number of posts : 207
Registration date : 2008-06-15

Balls of Lightning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Balls of Lightning   Balls of Lightning Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 9:26 am

I have heard that you smell strange things around ball lightning, but as ive never seen it myself i couldnt say for sure :3
Back to top Go down
http://scalesnfuzz.friendhood.net
Hydrorave
Wee lil eggy
Wee lil eggy
Hydrorave

Balls of Lightning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Balls of Lightning   Balls of Lightning Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 12:35 am

I could say that the first time I seen it I was with a friend and also I didn't hear a single sound during the time that I saw it.
Back to top Go down
jkarrah
Young dragon
Young dragon
jkarrah

Number of posts : 151
Registration date : 2008-06-18

Balls of Lightning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Balls of Lightning   Balls of Lightning Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 4:54 am

sillydraco wrote:
I have heard that you smell strange things around ball lightning, but as ive never seen it myself i couldnt say for sure :3

What you are smelling is actually ozone created by lightning as it excites the atmosphere.
Back to top Go down
http://ebondragonart.com
Hydrorave
Wee lil eggy
Wee lil eggy
Hydrorave

Balls of Lightning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Balls of Lightning   Balls of Lightning Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 4:56 pm

yeah but it wasnt swamp gas because I was no where near one and they appear just above the treeline about 20 to 30 ft above me. So it was pretty close and I got a good look.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Balls of Lightning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Balls of Lightning   Balls of Lightning Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Balls of Lightning
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Scales n Fuzz :: Mystical Dragons :: Metaphysics and Magic-
Jump to: