Scales n Fuzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scales n Fuzz

A place where Otherkin, Furries, and people interested in them can interact in a peaceful environment.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Earth Changes: Natural or Mystical?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
jkarrah
Young dragon
Young dragon
jkarrah

Number of posts : 151
Registration date : 2008-06-18

Earth Changes: Natural or Mystical? Empty
PostSubject: Earth Changes: Natural or Mystical?   Earth Changes: Natural or Mystical? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 6:49 pm

Someone on one of my email lists asked this particular question:

"I've been hearing a few other dragons' opinions about what's going on in the world weather wise. Some say that it's purely Global Warming while others say there's a combination of Magic and Global Warming while a one or two have said that this planet is overdue for some major changes... What's everyone's take on what's going on in the world weather wise?"

Sometimes I think what's got me so difficult to convince that there is anything mystical, magical, or metaphysical behind what's going on in the world geologically or meteorologicaly speaking was studying geology and meteorology. I've read studies about the geologic record and what's encompasses the geologic time line. Things spaced far apart in time for us are little more than the passing of a few minutes or even just a few seconds geologically speaking.

I've read studies about global climate changes evidenced in the National Ice Core Library. I've seen the radical pattern changes that have occurred naturally (including global warming and global cooling) long before the evolution of the first proto-humans. I've seen the evidence recorded in the magnetic striping of the seafloor about the flip-flopping of the earth's magnetic poles (north becomes south, south becomes north) that has happens approximately every 100,000 - 200,000 years.

I've read studies in the fossil record showing that 99.9999% of every species of animal that has ever lived on this planet is now extinct... out competed by the next in line.

These are natural, cyclic planetary changes. Yes, they generate a *LOT* of energy that can be sensed by those sensitive to the ebb and flow of "Power." But the key word here is that they are *natural.* These are things that would happen according to their own good time if humans (and OtherKin) never evolved on this world, and they will continue to happen in their own good time long after until the planet itself is consumed by an expanding and dying sun.

Maybe it was similar changes that reduced the available amount of ambient energy necessary for "greater magics" to be accomplished and for "magical critter" such as Dragons, and centaurs, and gargoyles, etc. to live and thrive in the physical world. Maybe *we* could live here because there weren't very many humans also compete for a piece of that energy. But once the human population reached a certain point, something had to go and NATURE selected *us* instead of *them.*

Maybe the present changes will raise the ambient energy levels back up to a point where Dragons, gargoyles, centaurs, and elves can live in the physical again. Maybe it will only increase to the point where humans once again have access to their own version of the "greater magics."

Who knows?

The only thing I am personally sure of is this is NATURAL. It's a self-repeating cycle. It's nothing mystical, it's not the earth "finally getting pissed off" at humanity. It's the natural ebb and flow of energy, just like you get with the waxing and waning of the moon's energy, or the ebb and flow of the tides.

But then again that's just my opinion. I could be wrong....
Back to top Go down
http://ebondragonart.com

Earth Changes: Natural or Mystical?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Scales n Fuzz :: Silly Dragons :: Chat-
Jump to: