Scales n Fuzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scales n Fuzz

A place where Otherkin, Furries, and people interested in them can interact in a peaceful environment.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Shimdra's favorite music (as far as he knows)

Go down 
+2
Zyleeth
ShimdraShaul
6 posters
AuthorMessage
ShimdraShaul
Wee lil eggy
Wee lil eggy
ShimdraShaul

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2008-06-25

Shimdra's favorite music (as far as he knows) Empty
PostSubject: Shimdra's favorite music (as far as he knows)   Shimdra's favorite music (as far as he knows) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 11:47 pm

Music is an awesome way to communicate to the soul. There's different music for different folks, but certain music just hits you just right. It's a powerful tool! Now, I'm not really into any specific genre, nor am I up on anything really new or popular. But I do like a wide variety of stuff that others might like.

Since I'm not that good at telling genres apart I just list stuff I group into the sound types I like.

For general listening and nostalgia I like rock generally:

Queen ---- "Bohemian Rhapsody", anyone?
Journey ---- "Wheel in the Sky"
Styx ---- If you never hear "Mr Roboto" you have lived too sheltered a life.
Boston
The Who
Yes ---- "Homeworld" (Our home is our world!)

Something I listen to when I want to pretend to be cool

They Might Be Giants ----- If you haven't heard them you are missing out on a philosophical journey akin to... The Beatles, I guess.
Goodnight Nurse --- I don't like all the yelling and screaming common in this style of music but "My Only" was good.
My Chemical Romance ---- Also another music style I'm not really into..... but "Black Parade" is Epic
Postal Service --- Pretty mellow stuff that sounds good, even if I don't pay attention to any of it
Presidents of the United States of America -- They sing about... wierd stuff. But it's nice. "Peaches" Peaches for me!

I like electronica when I want to listen to some power music. I say power because if I'm destroying my eardrums it might as well be worth it.

Freezepop --- Some of the songs are just.... buh. But my favorite is "Less Talk More Rokk"
Daft Punk --- The Alive 2007 tour has some amazing stuff

My absolute favorite music is harmonizing music. Stuff that goes good with an organ, for example.

Enya ---- I will crack your skull if you be hatin' Enya
LIBERA --- This is an all boy church choir I only recently heard of. "Going Home", "Sanctus", and "I Am the Day" stand out the most to me. You don't have to be Christian or even halfway spiritual to appreciate it.

Non sing-y music is awesome too. I've been known to listen to Toccata and Fugue in D minor and the Overture to the Phantom of the Opera over and over just for the organ. I love organs. I also bought all of the Guild Wars Soundtracks. Fun game, good music.

Random game music like "Still Alive" from portal or movie sountracks like those from Star Wars are also things I used to listen to regularly.

So anyone else like any of these? Got any recommendations?
Back to top Go down
http://shimdrashaul.deviantart.com/
Zyleeth
Wee lil eggy
Wee lil eggy
Zyleeth

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2008-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Shimdra's favorite music (as far as he knows)   Shimdra's favorite music (as far as he knows) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 1:15 am

Phantom of the Opera is love.

I don't really have a favorite genre of music either. Whatever sounds good at the time is what I want to hear. Smile Some of my favorite groups are Maroon 5, A Perfect Circle, Coldplay, All American Rejects, and Staind.
Back to top Go down
http://zyleeth.livejournal.com/profile
tysha
Young dragon
Young dragon
tysha

Number of posts : 165

PostSubject: Re: Shimdra's favorite music (as far as he knows)   Shimdra's favorite music (as far as he knows) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 7:29 am

I love Phantom of the Opera too, I have both the London musical recording and the movie soundtrack in my playlist.

Some of yours I'd never heard of, Shimdra, but I love Queen, Enya can be really nice in the background when playing games on the pc, and yay for peaches!

Mostly I listen to Savage Garden, Darren Hayes, Meat Loaf, Nickleback, Linkin Park, and Alisha's Attic, but I have a fair bit of other random rock and pop on my playlist too.
Back to top Go down
http://tyshadragon.livejournal.com
Suigrey
Wee lil eggy
Wee lil eggy
Suigrey

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2008-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Shimdra's favorite music (as far as he knows)   Shimdra's favorite music (as far as he knows) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 2:21 pm

I love the Phantom of the Opera soundtrack!

And as for music genre, my favorite type of music would have to be rock/new age (a mix between the two), but I also enjoy listening to other genres (I listen to a large variety).

Favorite bands: Evanescence, Xandria, t.A.T.u., Breaking Benjamin, Three Days Grace, Flyleaf, Staind, Linkin Park, Enya, Dragonforce, and Metallica.
Back to top Go down
http://fightforaeldra.myfreeforum.org/index.php
ShimdraShaul
Wee lil eggy
Wee lil eggy
ShimdraShaul

PostSubject: Re: Shimdra's favorite music (as far as he knows)   Shimdra's favorite music (as far as he knows) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 4:40 pm

I see Phantom of the Opera is pretty popular among us so far! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
tysha
Young dragon
Young dragon
tysha

Number of posts : 165

PostSubject: Re: Shimdra's favorite music (as far as he knows)   Shimdra's favorite music (as far as he knows) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 6:53 pm

I got to see it at the Bristol Hippodrome some years back, it was a wonderful evening. I really hope to go and see it on the stage again one day, until then I have the movie on dvd to watch.
Back to top Go down
http://tyshadragon.livejournal.com
ShimdraShaul
Wee lil eggy
Wee lil eggy
ShimdraShaul

PostSubject: Re: Shimdra's favorite music (as far as he knows)   Shimdra's favorite music (as far as he knows) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 5:43 pm

R.E.M. is now also on my list.
Back to top Go down
Lord_Niohoggr
Wee lil hatchy
Wee lil hatchy
Lord_Niohoggr

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2008-06-20

PostSubject: Re: Shimdra's favorite music (as far as he knows)   Shimdra's favorite music (as far as he knows) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 6:28 pm

Zyleeth wrote:
Phantom of the Opera is love.

I don't really have a favorite genre of music either. Whatever sounds good at the time is what I want to hear. Smile Some of my favorite groups are Maroon 5, A Perfect Circle, Coldplay, All American Rejects, and Staind.

Pretty much goes for me too. I like Phantom of the Opera and I like some tracks from Prefect Circle, especially the one from Constantine, and I like one track from Maroon 5. Though mostly I listen to gloomy music, like Dark Lunacy (Serenity is their best, imho). Or Within Temptation or Nightwish - these two have beautiful song that make me cry at times.
Back to top Go down
Sire_Icefeather
Wee lil eggy
Wee lil eggy
Sire_Icefeather

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2008-06-18

PostSubject: Re: Shimdra's favorite music (as far as he knows)   Shimdra's favorite music (as far as he knows) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 11:43 pm

I'm partial to Sweeney Todd...

Phantom of the Opera is good as well, as is Rent.
Back to top Go down
ShimdraShaul
Wee lil eggy
Wee lil eggy
ShimdraShaul

PostSubject: Re: Shimdra's favorite music (as far as he knows)   Shimdra's favorite music (as far as he knows) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 8:21 pm

Speaking of Phantom of the Opera, I not long ago hear the Nightwish version which is by far the best I've heard, though the vocals of the original are still more contiguous. So my list has since expanded to encompass a few more artists along those lines

Nightwish
Hammerfall
Rhapsody
DragonForce
Dark Moor

And a few things by similar artists I can't remember.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shimdra's favorite music (as far as he knows)   Shimdra's favorite music (as far as he knows) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shimdra's favorite music (as far as he knows)
Page 1 of 1