Scales n Fuzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scales n Fuzz

A place where Otherkin, Furries, and people interested in them can interact in a peaceful environment.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Sickness

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Sire_Icefeather
Wee lil eggy
Wee lil eggy
Sire_Icefeather

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2008-06-18

Sickness Empty
PostSubject: Sickness   Sickness Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 3:36 am

So...I'm down with Strep throat again...

It is amazing..when I was younger, I got strep once and then I didn't get it again for over 6 years...

Then I got it when I was 17...and I'm doomed to get it every 4-6 months in a cycle...

*coughs*

Ugh...
Back to top Go down
jkarrah
Young dragon
Young dragon
jkarrah

Number of posts : 151

Sickness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sickness   Sickness Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 1:58 pm

If you have it once you are always going to be susceptible to it. But it does seem strange that you are getting it that often. Make sure to take the full regimen of antibiotic your doctor gives you. Otherwise you are risking earlier relapses and eventually you'll wind up with a strain the antibiotics won't work on.
Back to top Go down
http://ebondragonart.com
Lord_Niohoggr
Wee lil hatchy
Wee lil hatchy
Lord_Niohoggr

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2008-06-20

Sickness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sickness   Sickness Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 3:21 pm

I wish that you get well soon!
I so hate diseases, I don't get sick often, but when I do it gets to me. Sad
Back to top Go down
Aurelia
Wee lil eggy
Wee lil eggy
Aurelia

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2008-06-26

Sickness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sickness   Sickness Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 4:43 pm

What's strep throat? Neutral Question

Ahh I googled, it's called tonsillitis over here. I never had it as a child (they used to remove the tonsils back then if you had it more than once) but have had it about 4 times since entering my 20s (and now they don't remove tonsils so it's just antibiotics all round).

A REALLY good aid to getting rid of it that my doctor told me is to gargle with dispersible asprin (or paracetamol if you're allergic to asprin) in water. It helps kill off the bacteria and germs on your tonsils and if you swallow the solution after you gargle (instead of spitting it out) the asprin/paracetamol will help lower any temperature increase.

Obviously if you are allergic to asprin and paracetamol then don't do that. But if you're ok with them, it's an added attack against the germs.

EDIT: Just wanted to add that because I've had it a few times now, if I feel my throat starting to get itchy, and think it could be the start of tonsillitis again, I'll gargle in the morning and evening with the dispersible asprin and that generally prevents it from starting.
Back to top Go down
http://www.draconity.org
Sire_Icefeather
Wee lil eggy
Wee lil eggy
Sire_Icefeather

Number of posts : 48

Sickness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sickness   Sickness Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 5:54 pm

Unfortunately, the antibiotics are working right now and I'm feeling worse.

I have a feeling the type of medication I was given no longer works. Each time I get strep, it gets progressively more painful than the last time I had it.

jkarrah - I do take all my antibiotics when I get them. I know all too well about the immunity of some bacteria to them.

Anyway, thanks for your support, I hope I feel better soon...this is just taking away all my energy now.
Back to top Go down
Kill`us Rap'toratus
Wee lil eggy
Wee lil eggy
Kill`us Rap'toratus

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2008-07-30

Sickness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sickness   Sickness Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 6:47 pm

Well, Ive had strep throat multiple times, the last time I had it, I had to be rushed to the emergency room, I couldn't breath, I was sprawled out on the ground, home alone, My mom came home, and drove me to the hospital, I almost died, since I was so weak.

I had to get a bunch of huge penicillin shots, I felt horrible for the few days after that.

I really hope you get better Icefeather
Back to top Go down
http://killerdwagon.googlepages.com
Sponsored content

Sickness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sickness   Sickness Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sickness
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Scales n Fuzz :: Dragons :: Steaming Dragons-
Jump to: